Round is a Tortilla

Round is a Tortilla
by Roseanne Greenfield Thong
illustrated by John Parra
published by Chronicle Books

I usually find myself ducking in the proverbial grocery store aisle when I see ABC books, counting books, shape books...they get boring.  My kids love them.  I end up reading them a bazillion times, which may have something to do with my aversion!  Round is a Tortilla is different, though.


Is it a cultural book?

Yes.

Does it tell a story?

Yes.

I know what you're thinking.  You're thinking this big hair has clouded my judgment.  You're wondering how this could be a shape book of all things...BUT IT IS!

Being a homegrown Texan gal, I have many Mexican-American friends, have eaten many a homemade tortilla, and love this culture!  You will not find a girl who likes chips (shaped like triangles, by the way) and homemade guacamole and salsa more than this chick!

So maybe this book hit a soft spot for me, or maybe it really is just that good!  Don't trust this triangle quesadilla-eating girl, go check out your own copy at your local library or buy one below!





Labels: , , , , ,