Dolly Parton

This is just a little shout out to Dolly Parton, country music queen and champion for literacy!

The buxom blonde has always been an icon in my life--growing up in Texas, country music is a part of your life whether you want it to be or not!

It wasn't until my husband and I went on a little camping trip in the beautiful hills of Tennessee that I became aware of how this little lady had impacted that part of the country by fostering a love of reading for its children.

Growing up with little, she cherished what she had.  Though now she has plenty, she hasn't gotten too far from her roots.  She knows what it's like to want, and she knows what it's like to dream.  I am amazed every time I read an article about her generosity, and I am thankful to her and all of the nameless saints out there who are doing for others!

To learn more about Dolly's literacy program, click on the icon below.


Labels: , ,