Katy Duck

Katy Duck and the Tip-Top Tap Shoes
by Alyssa Satin Capucilli
illustrated by Henry Cole
published by Simon Spotlight

The Katy Duck books are among my favorite emergent reader books.  This particular book is a Level One on the Ready To Read scale.  I would say they are targeted toward girls who love dance class--like I did...like my baby girl does.  Needless to say, we are both fans of these books.

Aside from the easy to read, repetitive text, there are absolutely adorable illustrations.  Ducks in tutus!  How can you go wrong?!


Try this book out...and all the other adorable Katy Duck books!  They are excellent books for building confidence in your new reader!





And just for fun, here's a few photos to prove my dance love!  Feel free to laugh!  I know I did!
tiny tap dancer

dancing friends at recital

ballerina

tap dancers
ballet girl in tutu
ballet girl

There's another kidlit lover out there that loves to dance!  Go check out the fabulous Jen Bigheart !  You can find her at http://www.jenbigheart.com/ and on Twitter @jenbigheart .  Jen is taking tap lessons-which I think is fabulous!  I'm thinking of doing the exact same thing!

Happy reading!  And dancing!

Labels: , , , , ,