On Writing

So...

I am experimenting with a middle grade novel.  I'm super excited about it, but trying not to be.  I've never done this before.  I could suck.  I could fail.

I would feel more afraid if I had not met so many fantastic writer friends in the past year.  We all have a few things in common:  a love of writing, a love of reading, a super scary fear that we might fail, and a super scary fear that we might succeed!

I was totally discouraged a few days ago when I hit a big brick wall.  Today though, I sat down and everything just flowed.  I even came up with a rather fabulous plot twist that only required a few revisions of the back story.

I'm just trying this.  I can't make people love it.  I can't even make people read it.  But I will write it.  I need to write it.  Even if I'm the only person who ever reads it, I will write it.


Labels: ,