Big Hair and Books participates in blog programs and affiliate networks. Buying from my links means that I will be compensated with a small percentage of what you buy...this allows us to keep the site going and we thank you for it!

Also, please assume that all books were given by authors, publishers, and marketing teams in exchange for honest reviews.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

On Writing

So...

I am experimenting with a middle grade novel.  I'm super excited about it, but trying not to be.  I've never done this before.  I could suck.  I could fail.

I would feel more afraid if I had not met so many fantastic writer friends in the past year.  We all have a few things in common:  a love of writing, a love of reading, a super scary fear that we might fail, and a super scary fear that we might succeed!

I was totally discouraged a few days ago when I hit a big brick wall.  Today though, I sat down and everything just flowed.  I even came up with a rather fabulous plot twist that only required a few revisions of the back story.

I'm just trying this.  I can't make people love it.  I can't even make people read it.  But I will write it.  I need to write it.  Even if I'm the only person who ever reads it, I will write it.