Sonia Sotomayor:  a judge grows in the Bronx
by Jonah Winter
illustrated by Edel Rodriguez
published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers


I am still learning to love non-fiction.  My determination is slow and steady.  My favorite non-fiction thus far consists mainly of biographies.

I've just finished this biography of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor.  I enjoyed learning more about her life leading up to being on the Supreme Court.  I am always excited to see someone who read a LOT and studied a LOT reach their goals.

And I absolutely LOVE that this book is written in both English and Spanish!  So fun!  AND it broadens the audience of readers that much more which is super exciting!

My favorite line in the book is this one:

"Success comes to those who make the most of the chances they are offered in life"

Go check out this book from your local library or buy it below.



Labels: , , , , ,