Camping Day

Camping Day
by Patricia Lakin
illustrated by Scott Nash
published by Dial Books for Young Readers

I don't know about y'all, but when the whether gets a tiny bit cooler, I start dreaming of camping.  My family and I love it!  Not RV camping, mind you.  Real, in a tent, dirt and grime, campfire and smores, no television, tons of quality time CAMPING!

Proof that I'm serious...in case there are doubters among you:
toddler fishing with mother

toddler watching the campfire

girl reading The One and Only Ivan

If you've never been, you are missing out!  There is no better time than relaxing with your family, working to make the campsite, and playing games, singing songs, and reading beneath the beautiful sky and canopies of trees.

When I saw Camping Day at the library, I immediately grabbed it!  It is so very cute!  From the idea to go camping, to packing, to getting there and having adventures, this book is a great read.  The illustrations are fun and the quick text will keep your kiddo's attention until the very end.



I hope you'll enjoy Camping Day.  Read it and let me know what you think!




Labels: , ,