Just Being Audrey

Just Being Audrey
by Margaret Cardillo
illustrated by Julia Denos
published by Balzer & Bray


I love old movies.  No, really, I LOVE them.  I have spent many, many hours dedicated to Gone With The Wind, Philadelphia Story, Bringing Up Baby, and, of course, Breakfast at Tiffany's.  And Sabrina is one of my all time favorites...

Needless to say, I love Audrey Hepburn...and really, who doesn't?  So I noticed Just Being Audrey at my local library and snagged it!




 Oh, and let me tell you--it is one worth reading!

The story is wonderful...there are so many things I never knew about the fabulous Audrey Hepburn.  I didn't realize that she was from Holland, and had no idea that she and her family were forced into hiding from the Nazis.  This amazing woman overcame challenges to become a beloved American icon.  And the loveliest thing about her was not her perfect face, but her amazing heart.


Oh, and I must give the illustrations a big shout out!  They are phenomenal!  Julia Denos hit the nail right on the head!  The style reminds me of the covers of my mother's old Simplicity sewing patterns!




Read this book.  I think you'll like it!








Labels: , , , ,