Katy, TX: Science, Books, & Dance

This weekend we traveled to Katy, Texas (near Houston) for my daughter's very first dance competition.  We were there a bit early, so we explored a bit!  We drove into Houston and visited the Houston Museum of Natural Science.  They have an excellent exhibit on the ancient Egyptians which we all really enjoyed.  

On the lower level of the museum, we had fun touching everything and learning some fun science in the Welch Hall of Chemistry.  We especially enjoyed this after reading about Dr. Welch's humble beginnings in Dr. Welch and the Great Grape Story last year.




There are few things I love more than librarians and the Baylor Bears--so when my pal, Katie Curry (who is both a Bear AND a librarian) recommended stopping by Blue Willow Bookshop, I made it a priority!  And I'm so glad I did!  It is such a delightful store!  If you are ever in the Houston area, you should certainly stop in!



And finally, we got to see this little cutie dance!  We are so proud of her commitment and hard work!

On the way back home, we stopped a fun little travel center, where I spotted this little beauty:

Needless to say, this big haired gal is putting it on her Christmas wish list!

Labels: , ,