Gossie & Gertie

Gossie & Gertie
by Olivier Dunrea
published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

I am such a big fan of leveled readers.  There is a sense of accomplishment when a kiddo goes up another level.  Many of these books feature favorite characters. I blogged about the amazing I Can Read books HERE.  I ran across Gossie & Gertie, a leveled reader, at my local library.  HMH has done a great job with this book--it even includes an online audio download code.  What kid wouldn't think that's cool?


The illustrations are simple, as is the story of these two best friends.  This book will appeal to boys and girls learning to read independently and they will surely identify with the storyline.

You can also find these two funny friends in board book form and in a bilingual (Spanish/English) form!




What's your favorite leveled reader?  What makes it stand out?

Labels: , , ,