Big Hair and Books participates in blog programs and affiliate networks. Buying from my links means that I will be compensated with a small percentage of what you buy...this allows us to keep the site going and we thank you for it!

Also, please assume that all books were given by authors, publishers, and marketing teams in exchange for honest reviews.

Monday, June 9, 2014

Book Nerd...and Foodie

I NEED to know your favorite summertime cookbooks and recipes!  I am so over hot, hearty foods.  I live in hot, hot, hot, humid, humid, humid Texas.  I do not want to turn the oven on and heat up the kitchen if I can avoid it.  My family is getting a bit tired of tortillas, guacamole, and salsa, y'all!  Help a girl out!

*Leave me a comment with your fave summer meal!

My favorite summertime treat is (and will always be) homemade salsa.  I don't cook it.  It's all totally fresh and so it's still super good for you and I don't have to have any mama guilt!

Here's how I make mine:

fresh summer salsa recipe card free printable




I shared this with my friends at All Kinds of Things:
All Kinds of Things