Picture Book Review : Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton-Trent

Picture Book Review : Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton-Trent by Lauren ChildPicture Book Review!

Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton-Trent
by Lauren Child
published by Hyperion Books for Children

So you've probably read Clarice Bean and all the fun Charlie and Lola books...or at least heard of them...but have you heard of this fabulous book also by Lauren Child?!  I fell in love immediately with the poor little rich kid named Hubert Horatio Bartle Bobton-Trent (Hubert Horatio Bobton-Trent for short!)

I absolutely love that this a story.  It isn't what seems to be popular now (the short 200 word picture book!), it is a longer narrative and I must say that I love that!  There are plenty of shorter tales that I enjoy, but these actual stories with words and lovely language make my heart beat a bit harder!  I am a lover of words...

I don't want to share one single image or one tiny part of the story because it is just awesome.  I love the story line...I love the message...I love illustrations.  Check it out when you can!

Labels: , ,