Big Hair and Books participates in blog programs and affiliate networks. Buying from my links means that I will be compensated with a small percentage of what you buy...this allows us to keep the site going and we thank you for it!

Also, please assume that all books were given by authors, publishers, and marketing teams in exchange for honest reviews.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Way Back Wednesday: Caps For Sale

Caps For Sale
by Esphyr Slobodkina
published by Harper Festival


I don't ever remember reading this classic as a kid.  I love it as an adult, though.  And it makes my little guys giggle.  Who wouldn't enjoy a story filled with monkey business?!





As an adult, I find that one of my favorite parts of the book is the dedication:

Caps for Sale by Esphyr Slobodkina

It is just so sweet and simple, and it commemorates a love that has passed on.  Memories are so special.  (Insert sappy soundtrack here.)  Ok, y'all already knew I was a big ole' mushy-hearted gal, what did you expect?!

And, of course, the illustrations are incredibly fun!  This one's my favorite:

Caps for Sale illustration

Please disregard the horribly bitten fingernail in the above photo.  That's how I roll...and we are all friends here... (not pictured:  pajamas, frizzy hair, and incredibly messy house)

If, like me, you missed this one as a kid, go check it out at your local library and read it to your kids.  You will both have a smashing good time!


**********

REMINDERS!!!

I still have an awesome giveaway!  Enter to Win!

Bloggers:  Next week is the Way Back Wednesday Link Up!  

I'd love to have you join me!

**********