Big Hair and Books participates in blog programs and affiliate networks. Buying from my links means that I will be compensated with a small percentage of what you buy...this allows us to keep the site going and we thank you for it!

Also, please assume that all books were given by authors, publishers, and marketing teams in exchange for honest reviews.

Friday, July 25, 2014

Brownie & Pearl Take a Dip

Brownie & Pearl by Cynthia RylantBrownie & Pearl Take a Dip
by Cynthia Rylant
illustrated by Brian Biggs
published by Beach Lane Books

So by now you probably know how much I love Cynthia Rylant...but just in case, I'm letting you know again!

Every time I think I have read a little of everything from this talented author, I run across another home run.  That's exactly what happened at the library last week when I found the Brownie & Pearl books!



These are perfect books for early independent readers.  There are site words aplenty, a few new words to sound out, and enough repetition to build a young reader's confidence.


Plus, there are these ADORABLE illustrations by Brian Biggs!