Top 10 Authors I Would Want with Me on a Deserted Island

Hmm.  Who would I want to be stuck with on a deserted island?

Well, I'm not silly enough to think that an individual is fun to be around just because they have written an amazing book...or multiple amazing books, for that matter!

Some of my favorite books have been written by some rather difficult characters.  People with mental issues, addictions, and general lack of character.  I might not want to hang out with them, but I LOVE reading them!

On the other hand, there are those folks who really do have it all--they are a delight to be with, talk with, and experience life with AND they are brilliant authors.  These are the kind of folks I want on my island!




C.S. Lewis

Ame Dyckman

Roald Dahl

Tiffany Baker

Beth Moore

Cynthia Rylant

Julie Falatko

Oscar Wilde

Mac Barnett

Mark Twain


With these fun guys around, it would be a perpetual good time!  A whole lot of laughs, some spiritual leaders, some goofballs, some intellectuals...don't you want to come to my island?!

Thanks to The Broke and The Bookish for inspiring this post!

Labels: ,