Measles Vaccinations: Fear and the Facts

Measles, Vaccines, Fear, and Facts

Ok, folks.  The measles are kind of freakin' me out!  I feel like measles and scarlet fever belong in The Little House on the Prairie days!  And there is such controversial information about vaccines out there.  I will tell you that all three of my children get their shots when they are scheduled to get their shots.  That being said, I am not at all opposed to holistic medicine and all the fabulous "old wives' tales" that our grandmothers all used.  I think they used them because they worked.  But I don't know of any homeopathic remedy for the measles.

I just wonder if the argument not to vaccinate is founded in fact or fear.  To me, I can't think of anything scarier than losing one of my babies to something that could have been prevented...so am I missing something?


Measles Vaccinations:  Fear and the Facts / The Vaccine Book
This book claims to be impartial...I think I might have to read it!  Have any of you read it?  Or do you have any other great resources on this topic?