Big Hair and Books participates in blog programs and affiliate networks. Buying from my links means that I will be compensated with a small percentage of what you buy...this allows us to keep the site going and we thank you for it!

Also, please assume that all books were given by authors, publishers, and marketing teams in exchange for honest reviews.

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Measles Vaccinations: Fear and the Facts

Measles, Vaccines, Fear, and Facts

Ok, folks.  The measles are kind of freakin' me out!  I feel like measles and scarlet fever belong in The Little House on the Prairie days!  And there is such controversial information about vaccines out there.  I will tell you that all three of my children get their shots when they are scheduled to get their shots.  That being said, I am not at all opposed to holistic medicine and all the fabulous "old wives' tales" that our grandmothers all used.  I think they used them because they worked.  But I don't know of any homeopathic remedy for the measles.

I just wonder if the argument not to vaccinate is founded in fact or fear.  To me, I can't think of anything scarier than losing one of my babies to something that could have been prevented...so am I missing something?


Measles Vaccinations:  Fear and the Facts / The Vaccine Book
This book claims to be impartial...I think I might have to read it!  Have any of you read it?  Or do you have any other great resources on this topic?