What I Learned in February

What I Learned this month
I have learned that I don't love snow...or ice...or cold.  I am the Scrooge of winter.  In other news
I also learned that they actually make battery powered heated socks...

I have learned that you are never too old to be homesick.  My parents moved from my childhood home this summer and I have ached and longed to sit in front of its big fireplace all winter long. (see cold feet above)

I have learned that what messes life up most is that we have a preconceived notion of what it's supposed to be.  I have read a quote several times saying as much, but I read an excellent article by Sally Clarkson that drove that point home.

E.T. the Extra Terrestrial DVD

I have learned that whether you are 6 or 36, ET is probably going to make you cry.  We had a family movie night this weekend and while my boys aren't quite old enough to "get" it, my daughter loved it.  She cried, I cried...I somehow felt like I was doing something right as a parent!\







So what did you learn in February?  Anything you're hoping to learn in March?




Proud to be linked to Chatting At the Sky.


Own Your Life by Sally Clarkson  Our 24 Family Ways - a family devotional guide by Sally Clarkson

Labels: