Big Hair and Books participates in blog programs and affiliate networks. Buying from my links means that I will be compensated with a small percentage of what you buy...this allows us to keep the site going and we thank you for it!

Also, please assume that all books were given by authors, publishers, and marketing teams in exchange for honest reviews.

Monday, May 11, 2015

Could A Penguin...? Could An Octopus...?



The wonderful people at Quarto Publishing (QEB) sent me these books.  I had never heard of this book series, but the covers look so fun!  Well, guess what?!  The insides are super fun too!  These books combine the business of non-fiction with the fun of fiction.  I loved reading through these...and I even learned a few things!

  • Did you know a baby penguin eats about 200 fish a day?!
  • Did you know penguins can't sing like some other birds?
  • Did you know that an octopus doesn't have any bones in its whole body?!
  • Did you know an octopus has a big brain-but also a mini-brain in each arm??


Be sure to also check out these other books in the series: