Glamorous Glasses

Glamorous Glasses
by Barbara Johansen Newman
published by Boyds Mills Press


The Blurb

Bobbie & Joanie aren't just cousins, they're best friends!  So when Joanie needs glasses, Bobbie goes with her to pick them out.  Bobbie loves how glamorous they make her look and is dying for a pair, while Joanie feels self-conscious in them.  And then they hatch a plan that will work for both of them...or will it?!


My Two Cents

This is me as a kid!  I can clearly remember a friend in 3rd grade getting glasses.  And just like Joanie's, they were blue.  There are a ton of books about kids getting glasses (one of my faves is I Can See Just Fine) , but this is one of the only ones I've read about a kid not getting glasses!  This books offers a fun perspective and a good lesson on accepting who you are...when you do, things usually work out better than you hoped!


Other Great Titles from Boyds Mills Press



Labels: ,