Library Picks

Library Picks from Rosemond Cates

I'm excited about all the fun books we picked up at the library for the week!  The kids and I are all having a great time in our local library's summer reading program.  So far they have all won some cool swag and a few new books!  Here are the exciting books we checked out this week:


Three Times Lucky
Three Times Lucky and The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing
by Sheila Turnage
published by Puffin Books

Both books focus on Miss Moses LoBeau, sixth grade sleuth.  She's from Tupelo Landing, Mississippi, "where everyone's business is fair game and no secret is sacred." 

The Ghosts of Tupelo LandingI have had Three Times Lucky on my TBR for AGES, so when The Ghosts of Tupelo Landing snagged a spot on the Texas Bluebonnet List, I got excited!  I'm ready to see what all the fuss is about!




I also picked up the newest little lovely from a fantastic Texas author I adore:


The Amazing Age of John Roy LynchThe Amazing Age of John Roy Lynch
by Chris Barton
illustrated by Don Tate
published by Eerdman's Books for Young Readers

This book focuses on the life of John Roy Lynch, a former slave who eventually ended up in the U.S. Congress!  This book promises an informative look at the Reconstruction period.  

I am a big fan of Chris Barton (and his talented wife) and I have really been looking forward to this title!  I mean, look at that beautiful cover, y'all!  

What did you check out from the library this week?!

Labels: , ,