Perfect Summer Day

Last week, I had one truly amazing day with my kids.  We snuggled. We read some books...we've been reading a lot of Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type.  And then we headed to Chuck E. Cheese.  Now if you're like me, you may dread it when your kiddo suggests a kid venue like Chuck E. Cheese...

But I went and had the best time!  First, they stamp your kids and you with stamps so that your kids leave safely with the person they came with.  Love it!  Then, they have these awesome new cards that scan instead of having to buy the old school tokens.  The kids were semi-independent while I uploaded cute pics of them over the in house wifi...you know, like a good Facebook mom.



But, the real kicker for me was the new menu they are promoting. Because I'm a local blogger, I got to try many of the new menu selections...and I was so pleasantly surprised!  This was not kid pizza, y'all!  They have a new, thinner crust and all kinds of fresh and yummy toppings. And they have two new signature items:  the Cali Alfredo and the BBQ chicken pizza.  Personally, I'm not a fan of alfredo in general, but that BBQ chicken pizza was awesome. Spicy and sweet and perfect.  I will eat pretty much anything they choose to put that sauce on in the future.  It was scrumptious.  My other new favorite on the menu is the Club Wrap.  (If you are interested in the new menu, click here )



So the next time your kiddo suggests Chuck E. Cheese, you can get excited too!


*I was compensated for this post with a guest pass to Chuck E. Cheese.

Labels: