Billy Twitters and his Blue Whale Problem

Billy Twitters and his Blue Whale Problem by Mac Barnett illustrated by Adam Rex
Billy Twitters and his Blue Whale Problem
by Mac Barnett
illustrated by Adam Rex
published by Disney Hyperion


The Blurb

Billy Twitters learns that blue whales do not make fantastic pets--not that he ever actually wanted one as a pet!


My Two Cents

After watching this TED Talk, I couldn't resist reading this book.  I am such an incredible fan of Mac Barnett.  I think his books are not only fun, but thought provoking too--as evidenced in Sam and Dave Dig a Hole.  Billy was his first book and somehow I missed it.  I read it several times with my little guys and we all giggled. And don't you dare expect a moral to this story!  Barnett does manage to throw in just enough whale information to make this book funny and informative.

Adam Rex, as usual, wows with his illustrations.  They go perfectly with the text.  (My fave spread in the book is the one depicting The Blue Whale Owner's Manual!) And the endpapers are so stinkin' fun! 


Name that book! #endpapers @macbarnett @adamrex @disneyhyperion
A photo posted by Rosemond Cates (@rosemondcates) on

Other fun titles from Barnett & Rex:



Dirty Cowboy illustrated by Adam Rex  The Terrible Two by Mac Barnett & Jory John Chloe and the Lion by Mac Barnett

Labels: