Declare Conference 2015

It has been a busy few weeks around here...not that the busyness is a good excuse for not having told y'all about the Declare Conference yet!  Last minute, a friend was unable to attend and offered me her ticket! I hated that she couldn't go, but it sure did bless my socks off!

The Declare Conference 2015

The Declare Conference is a blogging conference for Christian women. Some of those women have overtly Christian blogs and some do not.  It was awesome learning from these women and bouncing ideas off of one another.

The speakers were fantastic.  And Cari Trotter, specifically, spoke to me directly.  We are in the same stage of life and it felt like all of her examples were aimed directly at me.  If you haven't checked out her blog, she is a fun gal that's on fire for God.  One of my favorite things she said was that we are carriers of belief.  And sometimes, in hard seasons, in busy seasons, in stressful seasons..."Sometimes we need to borrow each other's belief."

Another exciting thing was meeting so many published authors who began in blogging--that combines a couple of passions for me!
I'm so super excited to see this little lovely on the tables at the @declareconf !! Love me some @forgirlslikeyou !! ❤️ #mustread #declareconference
A photo posted by Rosemond Cates (@rosemondcates) on

I have wanted to read For Girls Like You with my daughter for a while and I was delighted to have it as a little gifty at my seat!  Another delight was meeting its author, Wynter Pitts, who is just as lovely and kind as I had imagined.  Here's a sampling of other books I received from authors at the conference:


Inseperable by Ashley Linne  Dance with Jesus by Susan B. Mead  For Girls Like You by Wynter Pitts

The other absolute highlight of the weekend was getting to hang out with my fabulous friend, Kelli, who came in from New Mexico for a little visit.  We met up on Friday night and talked and talked...then the restaurant was closing so we finally left...and then proceeded to talk for at least 30 more minutes in the parking lot!  Saturday night, we got together with a bigger group and had the best time!  It was so super fun to catch up with her and some of our other #the4500 friends!

Jen Hatmaker's #the4500 gets together in #DFW !!


Rocked my boots all weekend. And this weekend was pretty great. Coincidence? I think not! I attended an awesome conference @declareconf ! Met up with amazing friends! And almost crashed a wedding! #boots #Texas #Ariat
A photo posted by Rosemond Cates (@rosemondcates) on

Labels: ,