Bluebonnet Picture Books

The Texas Bluebonnet Book List was announced not long ago.  And today I am thrilled to dive into several of the picture book selections!  My two youngest book critics are home today and are always more than happy to help mama out!  Here's what we're reading today:



When the Beat Was Born - A Texas Bluebonnet Book Selection
When the Beat Was Born
DJ Kool Herc & the Creation of Hip Hop
by Laban Carrick Hill
illustrated by Theodore Taylor III
published by Roaring Brook Press

I am particularly excited to read this one!!!  As surprising as it may be to some of you, I really love old school rap!  


Rutherford B. Who Was He? - A Texas Bluebonnet Book Selection
Rutherford B. Who Was He?
Poems about Famous Presidents
by Marilyn Singer
illustrated by John Hendrix
published by Disney Hyperion

My little critics will love this one!  They are very into poems right now and love rhyming words!  

Grandfather Gandhi- A Texas Bluebonnet Book Selection
Grandfather Gandhi
by Arun Gandhi and Bethany Hegedus
illustrated by Evan Turk
published by Atheneum Books for Young Readers

I have heard amazing things about this book!  I'm thrilled to read it!

Separate is Never Equal - A Texas Bluebonnet Book Selection
Separate Is Never Equal
Sylvia Mendez & Her Family's Fight for Desegregation
by Duncan Tonatiuh
published by Harry N. Abrams

I've actually already read this one...but we liked it so much we're reading it again!  Duncan Tonatiuh is quickly becoming one of my faves!

What about you?  Reading anything fab today??

Labels: ,