What I Learned in June

What I Learned in June  -- Big Hair and Books
These posts are sometimes difficult because they force me to reflect on the previous month. Sometimes the things I've learned are glaringly obvious, and sometimes they kinda suck, and other times I'm wondering if I learned anything at all.


Proud Homebody Award
This past month, I teased my family that I could be Sandra Bullock's character on The Net. She's a computer programmer who seldom leaves home (except on a vacation to the beaches of Mexico!)... I am such a home-body.  I guess I've just learned that it's ok.  Reading, blogging, cooking, gardening, and spending time with my little family are things that make me happy--and all can be done from home.

I've been reminded that I absolutely adore our little book club consisting of my daughter's friends. We read titles from the Texas Bluebonnet List, discuss, and swim.  It is pretty awesome hearing their developing minds analyzing books, forming educated opinions about things, and being vocal about what they like and dislike.  It reminds me why I love children's literature.  It truly broadens young minds and gives kids a glimpse of a world not their own.  And what better lesson to teach than to see things from another's point of view? 


Joy & Thankfulness Quote
And perhaps the most important thing I've learned this month is that my joy is proportionate to my thankfulness.  The more I thank God for His presence and power in my life, the better I feel, the clearer my mind, the more peaceful my soul.  




What I'm still working on:



What about you...what did you learn in June?

Labels: