10 Amazing Character Driven Picture Books

10 Amazing Character Driven Picture Books





Dooley and the Snortsnoot
This is my absolute favorite book from childhood!  Read more about Dooley and the Snortsnoot.

Fancy Nancy
My daughter adored this book when it came out--to the point that we had a Fancy Nancy themed birthday party.  Love this book and the sensational character that Jane O'Connor created!

Pinkalicious
This is an adorable lesson about excess.  We have read it about a million times at our house...and we managed to see the musical when it made its way to the DFW metroplex.  

Henny
I have loved Elizabeth Rose Stanton's work now for a while.  I follow her on Instagram and so enjoy keeping up with her projects.

Zombelina
This book is just adorable--a great example of just "being you"! Love the author and the illustrator on this one.

Mustache Baby
Hilarious!  This is a laugh out loud book that the whole family enjoys.

Tea Party Rules
Ame Dykman is amazing, and so is this delightful book! I mentioned it HERE earlier...

Oddrey
Oddrey was a happy surprise to me at the library one day.  Fun character. I mentioned Oddrey HERE.

The Recess Queen
This has been a long time favorite. 

Maple
Oh, this is a new favorite!  Lori Nichols managed a lovely text that just makes my little heart happy!


If you are looking for great examples of character driven picture books OR if you just want to read an amazing book with your kiddo, these are excellent choices to get you started!

Labels: ,